The Mt. Washington Valley School to Career Partnership is...
A coalition between the Mt. Washington Valley business community and the nine area schools in SAU#9 and #13, as well as MSAD 72, and Fryeburg Academy:
- Josiah Bartlett Elementary School
- Conway Elementary School
- Freedom Elementary School
- Jackson Elementary School
- John Fuller Elementary School
- KA Brett School
- Kennett Jr. High School
- Kennett Sr. High School
- Madison Elementary School
- Pine Tree Elementary School
The Mt. Washington Valley School to Career Partnership builds and sustains local partnerships that support and reinforce a meaningful and relevant educational program for tomorrow's workforce.
Our priority objectives are to provide and/or support:
- Teacher consultation and training in project based learning, in which students apply their core knowledge into real situations.
- Quality career exploration and work based learning opportunities, such as job shadows, internships, Career Days.
- School or site-based, business mentorship programs.
- Strong business involvement in all aspects of student learning: such as guest speaking, service learning, and real life projects.
- Teacher externship program in which teachers shadow and intern in businesses during the summer School based enterprises.
What the Students say about the MWV School to Career Partnership:
- My internship was the most valuable experience in my education.
- This job shadow experience has made me more enthusiastic about my choice of a future career.
- It is nice to know that people care about us and give their time. It means a lot.
- I never knew there were so many interesting businesses in our community.
- Now I understand why I have to learn math!
Board of Directors
Christine Gillette, Acting Chair & Treasurer
Lianne Boelzner, Secretary
Virginia Schrader, MWVCTC Director
Kevin Richard, Superintendent
Kevin Carpenter, Principal Kennett High School
Joe Riddensdale, Summer Camp Coordinator